The Defective One (Ludum Dare 39)
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android
The Defective One is a platformer prototype in which you control a defective security drone with broken batteries in an abandoned facility. Your code forces you to reach the top as there is a drone workshop that'll repair you. Or better say there should be a workshop as it was there where you were programmed.
Your batteries won't last long enough to make it to the top but luckily you can draw power from other security drones and turrets. But beware, they are shooting as your ID chip is gone just like the battery duration.
Made in a weekend with the Godot Engine for Ludum Dare 39.
- Arrow keys and WASD are moving the drone.
- Space extracts energy from turrets and drones when you’re close and facing them. Drawing too much energy will eventually shut them down.
- F5 restarts the game.
- Touch left or right to move the drown sideways.
- Touch the lower middle to move upwards.
- Touch the upper middle to extract energy from turrets and drones when
you’re close and facing them. Drawing too much energy will eventually shut them down.
- Touch anywhere to restart the game.
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.